As you may have noticed, this blog has been dead for over a year. Fortunately for me (and hopefully for you), blogs have many stages of deadness and this one was only mostly dead. With a little hard work and some spare parts, I’ll have it alive and kicking again in 2014. You can look forward to more book reviews, writing updates, rants about the state of publishing and anything else that gets my panties in a twist this year. Along with the new stuff, I’ll be going back to cover some books and events from 2012 – 2013 as well. If I don’t get to all of it, here’s a recap. In the past year and a half I:
– Bought a house
– Refurbished a house (found out the hard way how much rewiring and a new power box costs)
– Received a promotion at my job.
– Worked with a team of awesome people to publish the Legacy Collection: 9,500 classic scholarly book titles digitized and added across 15 subject areas, including contributions from over 100 Nobel Laureates. (http://www.elsevier.com/about/press-releases/science-and-technology/elsevier-expands-its-legacy-collection-to-more-than-9500-books2 )
– Traveled to Amsterdam, Oxford, Washington D.C. and Boston
– Acquired a second dog (aka monster bitch: destroyer of floorboards, doorjambs, mail and my dream of never finding feces in the living room)
– Completed the rough draft of my novel
– Began work shopping and revisions on the novel
– Read a bunch of books (2013 titles here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/297374-mollymillions?shelf=2013 )
So stay tuned and you’ll hear about all that and more as this blog comes back to life!